Saturday, May 30, 2009

Climbing the Ladder

There is nothing worse than reaching the top of the ladder and discovering you are on the wrong wall!

Every time I try to climb a ladder of my own making, I discover that I am on the wrong wall. You and I are bombarded day in and day out with messages that tell us to try and climb the ladder of success. And that message is not just a secular message. It is also a message that seductively calls out to those of us who are involved in ministry.

Climb!

Reach for the top!

Just make sure you are on the right ladder and the right wall. Otherwise, all you will do is block your own view or another persons view of Jesus Christ, the one we are reaching for in the first place.

Photo licensed under the Creative Commons License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

No comments: